A recently completed Monolithic Dome home shielded a family from a hurricane and came away unscathed. That’s the strength of a Monolithic Dome.
It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Judy Lynne South — loving wife of David B. South and beloved mother of ten. She died in Waxahachie, Texas, on Monday, February 25, 2019.
Forecasts predicted Hurricane Michael would land in Panama City as a strong, but still manageable, Category 3 hurricane. Employees of the Humane Society of Bay County — along with their families, friends, cats, and dogs — spent the day preparing to ride out the hurricane under the protection of their Monolithic Dome. As everyone settled in for the night, no one expected anything too severe. Then Hurricane Michael intensified into the strongest hurricane to ever hit the Florida panhandle.
- ERSER Samoyed Dog Vintage Floral Printed Lace-up Running shoes Women
- GIY Women's Classic Rhinestone Pionted Toe Flat Pump Loafers Comfort Casual Slip on Dress shoes
- AllhqFashion Women's Pointed Closed Toe Solid Pull-On Pumps-shoes,FBUDD013412
- PUMA Womens Grey Pearl Platform Suede LunaLux Sneakers
- Adidas outdoor Women's Ax2 Mid Gore-Tex Hiking Boot, Carbon Black Sharp Grey, 9 M US
- Fergie Womens Bless Ankle Bootie
- Rieker mens- Pantolette blue 600449-5
- SNKR Project Mens Rodeo 2.0 Sneaker
- Geox Men's U Shoovy Wp A Ankle Boot
- Tizian Women Boots Manhattan 03 Black, (black) T42703VL837 100
- JUJIANFU-shoes Men's Fashion Ankle Work Boot Outdoor Leisure shoes Casual Windproof and Raincoat Winter Faux Fleece Inside Heights Top Boot
- ZIXUAP Summer flying woven mesh casual shoes male students fashion wild sports shoes men's outdoor breathable running shoes
- Yxwxz Gym wear for men Men's waterproof safety trainer super lightweight steel toe cap work shoes toe Kevlar midsole work shoes on cloud running shoes (Size 40)
- Adidas Unisex Adults' Superstar Low-Top Sneakers
- Nike Men's Friday Night Faded Performance Team Red T-Shirt Top (Small)
- Black White Tour Yellow Nike Jordan Kids Air Jordan 4 Retro Bg Basketball shoes
Facing west toward the Front Range of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains, The Vanguard School in Colorado Springs provides a dramatic foreground thanks to its royal blue sports field and the dome structure situated nearby. The 20,000-square foot Monolithic Dome houses twelve classrooms and two science labs for the school’s 215 seventh and eighth graders. “It looks cool,” says student Ciera. “A lot of people see it and wonder what that thing is and I get to tell them it’s the junior high building!”
I was not a bit afraid during Hurricane Michael. A South Florida newspaper said there were sustained winds of 185+ mph and gusts of 201 mph. I believe that as I watched the neighbor house explode and saw trees twist and fly apart. Debris pounded the dome viciously. My hurricane windows were fractured but held so no rain entered.
GIY Women's Round Toe Flat Chelsea Ankle Boots Western Elastic Side Panel Booties Retro Martin Short Boots
Hurricane Michael smashed a power transformer into Margaret Clayton’s caterpillar shaped Monolithic Dome home. The home is a few miles southeast of Mexico Beach in Port Saint Joe, Florida. Clayton stayed in her home during the hurricane. Everything was going well — until her neighbor’s house exploded.
GIY Women's Close Toe Chunky Stacked Heel Ankle Boots Suede Platform Side Zip Bootie Martin Short Boot
GIY Women's Fashion Strappy Buckle Platform Sandals Open Toe Chunky Heel-Comfort Wedges Sandals shoesQupid Women Leatherette Rainbow Light Up Lace Low Top Sneaker GF71AIWEIYi Womens Rivets Pointed Toe Stiletto Heel Platform Pump shoes White
Hundreds of dome fans toured the Monolithic Dome Research Park on Saturday, October 20. After weeks of constant rain, the weather turned sunny, and it was a beautiful day. Even the with all the mud and standing water, people toured the offices, shops, and Bruco: The Texas Italian Caterpillar.
We haven’t reached any dome owners in the area hit by Hurricane Michael. The city manager of Panama City Beach, Florida, was on NPR this morning talking about the damage. He said his city fared okay, but the area around Mexico Beach — east of Panama City Beach — was devastated. Widespread power failures, destroyed cell towers, and damaged infrastructure is making communication difficult.
Years ago, a late night fire started next to a 10,000-ton urea storage in Channelview, Texas. It consumed three wood structures built against the Monolithic Dome. Over 300 gallons of transformer oil fueled the blaze. For an hour, strong winds blew the inferno directly over the dome.
VIMISAOI Women's Genuine Leather Chunky Heel Lace Up Pointed Toe Fashion The Knee Boots
Sanuk Casual shoes Womens Piper Canvas Rubber Sole Slip On 1015630New Summer Low Heels Genuine Leather Slippers Women Sandals Ladies Flat Toe Ladies Slipper
LZWSMGS Women's Open Toe Sandals One Buckle with High Heels Fashion Thick with High Heel Roman shoes Work Professional shoes Ladies Sandals (color Creamy-White, Size 37 EU)
GIY Womens Peep Toe Wedge Platform Sandal Comfortable Adjustable Ankle Strap Slingback High Heels Sandals
Shiney Women's High Heel Leather Boots Wool Chunky Heel Plus Velvet Warm Non-Slip Wool High Boots Winter
There are so many domes around the Monolithic Dome Research Park that for the first time the Monolithic Dome Builders Workshop was held out-of-town — mostly. Over 20 students attended the Fall 2018 workshop. They built two, 20-foot diameter domes and one concrete-only Ecoshell in nearby Dawson, Texas.
GIY Womens Pointed Toe Oxford shoes Suede Lace-up Wingtip Platform Chunky High Block Heel Dress Pump Boot
RTwkvv Cute colorful Hot Air Balloon Womens Sneakers Lightweight Breathable Mesh Sport Gym Walking shoes
Dome fan, Harry Maldonado, shared this video of his recent visit to a monolithic dome home in Colorado. We believe this home was constructed by Mert Hull near Colorado Springs.
Women's Sexy Boots Patent Leather Spring Summer Fall Fashion Boots Club shoes Boots Stiletto Heel Platform Over The Knee Boots Party & Evening,A,US11 EU43 UK9 CN44