A recently completed Monolithic Dome home shielded a family from a hurricane and came away unscathed. That’s the strength of a Monolithic Dome.
It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Judy Lynne South — loving wife of David B. South and beloved mother of ten. She died in Waxahachie, Texas, on Monday, February 25, 2019.
Forecasts predicted Hurricane Michael would land in Panama City as a strong, but still manageable, Category 3 hurricane. Employees of the Humane Society of Bay County — along with their families, friends, cats, and dogs — spent the day preparing to ride out the hurricane under the protection of their Monolithic Dome. As everyone settled in for the night, no one expected anything too severe. Then Hurricane Michael intensified into the strongest hurricane to ever hit the Florida panhandle.
- ALLY UNION MAKE FORCE Women's Casual Slip-on Loafers Comfortable Suede Flat shoes
- Black Brown Melissa Womens Zen Clog
- Women's Latin shoes Satin Sandal Sneaker Heel Practice Buckle Ribbon Tie Hollow-Out Flared Heel Dance shoes Black Party & Evening (color A, Size 40)
- MUK LUKS Boot Winter Women's Stacy, Black
- Tahari Pepita Women US 8 Black Knee High Boot
- Ellie shoes E-8260, 6 Heel Fetish Pump.
- Haflinger Unisex at Boiled Wool Hard Sole Slipper (37 M EU, Black)
- Demonia Women's Mue900 Bvl Ankle Bootie
- Jeffrey Tyler Mens Kolby Leather Lace Up Boot shoes
- High Heels, Women's White Pointed Toe with high Heel shoes - Party shoes - Party shoes (Heel Height 8cm)
- DHFUD Autumn shoes Casual shoes Men's shoes Men's shoes
- Adidas Men's Energy Cloud WTC M Running shoes
- ZyuQ Ankle boots Martin Boots Men'S Boots Pu Leather Boots In The Winter To Help Thicken Short Men'S Boots
- LOVDRAM Men'S Leather shoes New Men'S Casual Business shoes Leather Dress Korean Men'S shoes Leather Fashion shoes Breathable shoes
- Nunn Bush Mens Columbus Columbus
- White Patent Leather Over-The-Knee Boots, High-Heeled Large Size Side Zipper High Boots Waterproof Platform Round Head Anti-Skid Thigh Stretch Boots Comfortable Ladies Cotton shoes
Facing west toward the Front Range of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains, The Vanguard School in Colorado Springs provides a dramatic foreground thanks to its royal blue sports field and the dome structure situated nearby. The 20,000-square foot Monolithic Dome houses twelve classrooms and two science labs for the school’s 215 seventh and eighth graders. “It looks cool,” says student Ciera. “A lot of people see it and wonder what that thing is and I get to tell them it’s the junior high building!”
I was not a bit afraid during Hurricane Michael. A South Florida newspaper said there were sustained winds of 185+ mph and gusts of 201 mph. I believe that as I watched the neighbor house explode and saw trees twist and fly apart. Debris pounded the dome viciously. My hurricane windows were fractured but held so no rain entered.
Ellie shoes 6 Inch Heel Sandal
Hurricane Michael smashed a power transformer into Margaret Clayton’s caterpillar shaped Monolithic Dome home. The home is a few miles southeast of Mexico Beach in Port Saint Joe, Florida. Clayton stayed in her home during the hurricane. Everything was going well — until her neighbor’s house exploded.
Marco Tozzi Women’s 2-2-24702-21 098 Slip on Trainers
Rieker Damen-Slipper - E 1 2 green (7)Knee High Boots Hidden Heel Women Winter Long Warm Boot Suede Concise Black Beige Round ToeGLOBALWIN Women's 1650-2 Rain Boots SZ-8M US Grey
Hundreds of dome fans toured the Monolithic Dome Research Park on Saturday, October 20. After weeks of constant rain, the weather turned sunny, and it was a beautiful day. Even the with all the mud and standing water, people toured the offices, shops, and Bruco: The Texas Italian Caterpillar.
We haven’t reached any dome owners in the area hit by Hurricane Michael. The city manager of Panama City Beach, Florida, was on NPR this morning talking about the damage. He said his city fared okay, but the area around Mexico Beach — east of Panama City Beach — was devastated. Widespread power failures, destroyed cell towers, and damaged infrastructure is making communication difficult.
Years ago, a late night fire started next to a 10,000-ton urea storage in Channelview, Texas. It consumed three wood structures built against the Monolithic Dome. Over 300 gallons of transformer oil fueled the blaze. For an hour, strong winds blew the inferno directly over the dome.
Leifun Fox Fur Slippers Lady Summer Non Slip Indoor Outdoor Plus Fur Hair shoes Style Sandals
1TO9 Womens Low-Heels No-Closure Penny-Loafer Round-Toe Suede Loafers shoes MMS05378Steve Madden Women's Ferris Dress Closed
GTVERNH-Women's Ladies Fashion Summer Celebrities Professional shoes Summer Toes Thick Heels 8Cm High Heels Rear Empty Set Feet Sandals.
Colnsky Women's High Heel Peep Toe Open Toe Sandals Handmade Glitter Ankle T-Strap Zip Sequined shoes
Spring Summer Women High Heels Pointy Sandals shoes Pumps Party Womens shoes
There are so many domes around the Monolithic Dome Research Park that for the first time the Monolithic Dome Builders Workshop was held out-of-town — mostly. Over 20 students attended the Fall 2018 workshop. They built two, 20-foot diameter domes and one concrete-only Ecoshell in nearby Dawson, Texas.
T-JULY Women Classic Leopard Fashion Winter Plush Keep Warm Sneakers Ladies Casual Wedges shoes
FINDYOU Mules shoes Women Heel Slippers Female Slides Clear PVC Home shoes Fashion Summer Slippers
Dome fan, Harry Maldonado, shared this video of his recent visit to a monolithic dome home in Colorado. We believe this home was constructed by Mert Hull near Colorado Springs.
Merrell Womens Agility Trail Running